The Victorian Government has announced that it will provide up to $60m of funding over four years to build startups and encourage entrepreneurship, and they are ready to learn about your needs and listen to your insights into how to build a thriving startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem in Victoria.
In true startup fashion, we’re rapidly pulling together the best minds in entrepreneurship in Victoria in order to hash out some early answers to the following questions:
- What is the role of startups and entrepreneurship in Victoria’s economy?
- What does a vibrant startup/entrepreneurship ecosystem in Victoria look like
- What opportunities and challenges need to be captured and overcome?
- What is the the role of Victorian government and other parties?
We’ll be running a high energy, unconference-style interactive event where your voices and experiences are the raw material for generating serious answers to these questions.
Arrive at 12:00pm for a networking lunch, and a sharp 12:30 start to activities.
Please send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday at noon with your name, organisation, and position (for namecards) and any dietary requirements, and a formal invitation will follow.
- Location: Teamsquare, 520 Bourke Street
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
- Time: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Lunch and afternoon tea provided
- Bring your smartphone or other web-enabled device
- Influence: The Victorian Government has announced that it will provide up to $60m of funding over four years to build startups and encourage entrepreneurship – this is your chance to influence how it is spent.
- Connections: You’ll be in a room with up to 50 of the top doers and thinkers in startups and entrepreneurship in Victoria.
- Venue: The event is hosted in the ballroom of the exciting new Teamsquare coworking space, a new Melbourne hub for startups and early stage companies in Victoria.
- Experience: The process is hosted and facilitated by collaboration and innovation specialists Collabforge, using digitally-enabled methods to ensure the session is productive, informative and fun.
This is agenda is subject to change before and during the conference:
- 12:00 – 12:30 – Lunch and networking
- 12:30 – 12:40 – Idea sprint
- 12:40 – 12:50 – Introduction by Hailey Cooperrider (Collabforge) and keynote by Bronte Adams (dandolopartners)
- 12:50 – 1:10 – Activity to surface needs and opportunities in the group
- 1:10 – 2:55 – Unconference: 2 sessions of four breakouts each, with breakouts led by you the participants (bring topics you want to discuss)
- 2:55 – 3:15 – Small group discussion on our ideas for the future
- 3:15 – 3:35 – Connecting with other participants to realise your needs and opportunities
- 3:35 – 4:00 – Closing discussion led by Mark Elliott (Collabforge) and Bronte Adams (dandolopartners)
All sessions will be augmented through digital tools, so bring your smartphone, tablet or other web-enabled device.
A destination for drinks after the event will be nominated.
Some of the attendees
- Andrew Birt, Co-founder LIFX, Angelcube, Owl Ventures
- Rohan Workman, MAP Manager, University of Melbourne
- George Hedon, Founder, Pause Fest
- Ren Butler, Melbourne Community Manager, BlueChili
- Natalie Phillips, Senior Manager, Innovation and Technology Programs, Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
- Annemarie Mulder, General Manager Stakeholder Relationships, Food Innovation Australia Ltd
- Bronte Adams, Principal, dandolopartners
- Andrew Greswell, Small business coach and consultant, Seniorpreneurs Foundation
- Chris Kommatas, CEO, Amplify Health Pty Ltd
- Peter Binks, University of Melbourne
- Luke Hally, CEO, DragonBill
- John Field, Director, Australian Business Volunteers
- Peter Boyce, Chief Executive Officer, IMENCA
- Bambi Price, AIIA (Australian Information Industry Association): Victorian council member and co-chair of the Victorian government SIG.
SeniorPreneurs Foundation, Co-Founder
- Remco Marcelis, Founding Partner, Standard Ledger
- Frederick Price, Co-founder, TelUs2Day
- Samuel Wearne, Founder and Director, Truckcycles, BingOuT, BikeMe!
- Jules Malseed-Harris, CEO, OurHome
- Trang Du Founder, Two Square Pegs
- Gary Payne, Managing Director, Gasps – Innovation
- Tony Smith, Complex Systems Analyst, Meme Media & Kororoit Institute
- Scott Phillips, CTO, MiniMe Machine Pty Ltd
- Tao Santimakorn, Co founder & Strategic Planner, Kinetixs
- Ong Santimakorn, Co founder & Creative Designer, Kinetixs
- Justin Chang, Co founder & Marketing Manager, Kinetixs
- Glenn Gillen, Founder, Glu IO
- Aisha Dani Founder, Raincoat Labs
- Nic Henwood, Consultant, dandolopartners
- Joe Connell, Senior Consultant, dandolopartners
- Russell Kallman, Founder & Principal, Inventive Step
- Elissa Gu, Founder, Haochi
- Teresa Truda, CEO & Co-Founder, AFTR
- Zia Word, CSO & Co-Founder, AFTR
- Gretha Oost, Founder & Managing Director, Halfateaspoon
- Nigel Fernandes, Engineering Manager, Envato
- Tassia Moniz, Industry Engagement Team Lead, Monash University
- Stephen Zuluaga, Founder, Elucid Horizons
- Barbara Sharp, Co-founder, PaxRepublic
- Alvaro Maz, Co-founder & Director, Code for Australia
- Norm Collins, TDS ARENA
- Ed Bernacki, Founder, The Idea Factory
- Rory Manchee, Managing Director, Manchee & Co Pty Ltd
- Gerry Roe, Program Manager, Innovation and Technology Programs,
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
- Kaushal Vyas, Senior Consultant, Nous Group
- Peter Haasz, VP, Business Development & Strategy, Culture Amp
- Geoffrey Bowll, Captain, Starship
- Amoolyanand Nuthalapati
- Amoolya Deeven Nuthalapati
- Sachin Worlikar
- Warwick Peel, Co-Founder, Entrepreneurs&Co.
- Mark Elliott, Founder and Managing Director, Collabforge
- John Hibble, Facilitator, Collabforge
- Hailey Cooperrider, Collaboration & Strategy Lead, Collabforge
- Kathryn Ananda, Strategist & Designer, Collabforge